Unfortunately, many young people don’t realize that something is wrong until after they’ve harmed a friend, sibling or younger child. Our WhatsOK helpline is the only resource of its kind, specifically offering young people a place to ask tough questions and get help even if they’ve harmed someone.
When a young person tells us that they’ve messed up – be it crossing a boundary or sexually abusing – our expert counselors help by:
- Affirming their courage in asking for help
- Holding them accountable
- Explaining consent and its limits
- Suggesting ways to validate those they’ve harmed
- Getting them resources and support
- Offering hope that change is possible